Occupation: Vice President, Client Strategy at Green Lotus.
Green Lotus is dedicated to creative online marketing strategy, leading-edge brand development, and corporate identity solutions. Green Lotus strives to exceed clients’ expectations through integrity, expertise, and leading edge brand development.
Previous Work Experience
- Team Lead, Search (SEO/SEM) & Email Marketing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd.
- Search engine optimization and marketing strategist at Direct Energy.
- Senior search engine optimization and marketing specialist at Toronto Star’s NewinHomes.com (NHBN Inc.)
- Web/graphic designer & SEO/SEM specialist at MindScope staffing software Inc.
Not only am I a SEO/SEM Strategist, I also hold B.A. in Architecture. My interest in web design led me to pursue my internet studies with an extensive focus on search engine optimization and marketing.
SEO/SEM is not just a job for me, it is a passion. I have worked on all types of sites, including corporate, ecommerce, classified, small business, educational, blogs and in various languages including English, French, Arabic and Russian.
I specialize in optimizing real estate, news, and retail websites, as well as other classifieds verticals.
Skills a search engine optimization and marketing strategist must have:
- Technical Background: Analyzing code, rsearching and understanding new technologies and their effect on SEO.
- Communication and best practices: Be a team player, understand and explain how all elements of a website works together to improve search engine quality. Provide best practices to programmers, CSS developers, copywriters, graphic designers, sales teams and account executives.
- Keyword Research: Keyword research is not just researching keyword popularity, but also understanding search trends / intentions, search cycles, Keyword Effectiveness Index (KEI), keyword seasonality and forecast conversion points, etc.
- Strategy and Tactics: Strategy comes first, then tactics. A good SEO is skilled at implementing tactics to serve the main strategy, and vision, of the site.
- Innovation: Think outside of the box and be creative. Don’t be afraid to try new techniques.